In this Shopify video tutorial, Part 2 of 2, I show you how to easily edit the backend of a Shopify Store using the default Debut Theme. Shopify is a great e-commerce platform with a robust set of features to have you selling your products/services in no time.
You can sign up for a 14-day free trial of Shopify Here:
Pros of using Shopify:
– Quickly Start and Launch a Store
– Thousands of FREE Apps to help you sell and run your store
– Inexpensive if using free apps but can get expensive if you use a lot of paid apps.
– Low Learning Curve
– No Need for a Merchant Account
– No Need for a Shipping Carrier Account
– Easy to Add Apps, Change Themes and Update
– Easily Add other Sales Channels (ie: Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
– Easily Add a Buy Now Button onto an EXTERNAL website. (You can add a product button called BUY NOW to a website that is not hosted with Shopify but would process the checkout through Shopify
Cons of using Shopify:
– There is a 3 option limit for products. Example: If you sell t-shirts and have Size, Color, Material (you can add all kinds of variants to these options like small, medium, large, etc.) but Shopify has a 100 variant limit for these so you would need an app to extend the OPTIONS to get you past the 3 options threshold and the 100 variant threshold.
– You use Shopify Payments, otherwise, if you use your own merchant account, then they add additional fee to your monthly plan plus you will pay a percentage to Shopify in addition to your existing Merchant Account and Gateway Fees.
– If you add another Shipping Carrier (Shopify’s built-in carrier is USPS) if you add: FEDEX, UPS or other carrier there is an additional monthly fee approx $20 per month as of today’s date but this is cheaper than upgrading to the next plan on Shopify.
– No direct access to the Shopify database without an app via Api
– No direct backup mechanism without an app. You can export the products, customers and orders within Shopify but that is it. You would need an app to extend this functionality.
If you need a Shopify Expert or just want ask some questions, please feel free to contact me at any of the links below.
My Main Website:
I Use Quicktime Player To Record My Screencast Videos and edit them with: (its free)
You can sign up for a 14-day free trial of Shopify Here and Try it out as well as make sales before you even have to pay them their monthly fee:
Disclaimers: Links in the description are typically affiliate links that let you help support the channel at no extra cost or are direct links to my existing accounts.